From: macvoiceover-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:macvoiceover-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Keith Reedy
Sent: Tuesday, 22 April 2008 3:27 PM
To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [macvoiceover] Re: Thanks all, got it working was: Really need help
with VMWare Fusion and Windows on a Mac Mini.

Hi Sara,

I am sure that some folks need to run Windows for one reason or
another.  Maybe they have expensive programs that they use for work or
something like that.  However, as for me, I run a MAC because of its
ease of use, it does everything I need in my office and because, it
just works.  Up until 3 years ago I had been a windows user.  I had
used JFW and Window-eyes and before that DOS, but I had never found
anything that has maid me more productive than the MAC.  The Voiceover
screen reader is very nice, very quick, responsive and a pleasure to
use, but the real pluss for me is the MAC platform.  Keyboard commands
for the most part are the same from program to program, it does not
have the history of crashing as with other platforms, the updates are
really helpful and I can't think of anything that I did with windows
that I can not do easier and faster with the MAC.  In short, it just
works.

The screenreader on the MAC is not loaded on just a few thousand MACS,
but, millions of MACS.  I can walk in to a growing number of public
places, press command-f5 on a MAC and go to work.

The thing I try to make important to wood-be MAC users is in order to
use the MAC affectively, is to remember that the MAC platform  is a
different platform, a simpler platform a more user friendly platform.

To those of you who are using Windows on the MAC, please take the time
to learn the MAC.  Your life will change for the better and you will
be glad that it did.

Keith Reedy