[macvoiceover] Re: Thanks all, got it working was: Really need help with VMWare Fusion and Windows on a Mac Mini.

  • From: Cara Quinn <Cara-Quinn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 11:48:24 -0700

My apologies Lew, -are you a list mod? Very sorry for continuing the topic. Was curious what David's exp was and didn't see your note before I posted mine.

Have a great day /evening and catch ya on the flip!…

Smiles,

CQ  :)

On Apr 22, 2008, at 5:51 AM, Lewis Brock wrote:

ok let us now draw this to a close. this is now becoming an argument between members that does not need to occur further. it is up to the end user as to whether he or she joins the mac crowd and starts getting into the nuts and bolts or sticking to windows and putting up with rediculous second rate software and issues that will never stop. etc. oops even I just stepped in again lol

sorry not my objective here just to even out the  surface lol.

at the end of the day my advice is this. before turning one's nose down and leaving the mac os x system, I really would recommend you spend time focusing on OS X and learning what it can do for you that windows cannot do. being blinkered about 1 operating system and ignoring others demonstrates a 1 way view that does not give you experience at all. life is full of experiences and you learn from each one.

take it from me who has had experiences with several operating systems, screen reader technologies etc as well as developer things, you have an open mind and become capable of problem solving and can find a solution to a person's needs.

give the mac more time and leopard a little more time with voiceover and a bit of research and talk to us on list. ask us for our advice. there are a good many of us who are experienced mac users and techies. people such as slau, david poelhman and my good friend Shane jackson and myself. as well as others who I dont remember or know much of lol oops. we are all a good team who handle different issues and support each other with different sectors of the mac. I deal in hardware repairs, professional studio work with the mac, software development for music hardware as well as helping out on this little home to give advice and confidence.

so have some patience dave. ask us what you want to and we will be there to support you.

dont give up just because windows has been your OS for a long while.

lew

On 22 Apr 2008, at 13:36, David Truong wrote:

HI Dave,

I don't need to finish studying the mac to know that it isn't for me.