[macvoiceover] Re: Text Edit popping up

  • From: carlene knight <cknight@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 3 Oct 2009 11:04:48 -0700

Hi guys;

It even does this when Text Edit is not running. I know that the option key script for the keyboard commander is bad as it makes Voiceover stop about 3 out of 4 times used. I've already reported the problem to Accessibility but I'm thinking a defective script might cause something like this.

On Oct 3, 2009, at 9:16 AM, Keith Reedy wrote:

Hi Darrell,

I agree that turning off things that mite be helpful mite be counter productive, but, any time Textedit is active, I think you will get this message.

Maybe not keeping the file in the doc would do the trick, or, turn all of your messages off.

Sorry, I don't know of any other work around.

Keith Reedy

Click the link below to download MP3's of Keith Reedy's music as a gift from Bibles For The Blind.

http://biblesfortheblind.org/download_music.shtml

God gives His best to those who leave the choice with Him. J Hudson Taylor.

On Oct 3, 2009, at 11:12 AM, Darrell Shandrow wrote:

Hello Keith,

Is there another solution short of turning off auto-save? This is an
important feature to ensure some recoverability should the system crash
while creating a document. Don't we want to avoid simply turning off
potentially important or useful features?

It is the auto save function in Textedit.

To turn it off, do this.

In textedit menus, find preferences, choose the open save tab, VO keys- right arrow to, autosave button, use the down arrow to make it active and
choose never.

HTH.

Keith Reedy.

Click the link below to download MP3's of Keith Reedy's music as a gift from
Bibles For The Blind.

http://biblesfortheblind.org/download_music.shtml

God gives His best to those who leave the choice with Him. J Hudson Taylor.

On Oct 3, 2009, at 1:36 AM, carlene knight wrote:

Thanks Darrell.  .  That can be very handy.  I didn't know how to do
that but I don't know if it will help as it is now happening without
Text Edit running.  when the file was up it would state the name of
it, but now it says "selection replaced zero items selected."
Sometimes it says it every minute or two and sometimes it's 15 or so. It almost sounds like it might be a find and replace dialog but there is no menu for that function that I can find. On Oct 2, 2009, at 10:03
PM, Darrell Shandrow wrote:

Hello Carlene,

Try following these steps to remove the item from the Dock:

1. Press VO-d to move focus to the dock.
2. Press VO-right arrow to move to the item you want to remove.
3. Press vo-shift-m for the shortcut menu.
4. Press VO-down arrow until you locate the option to remove the item
from the dock.
5. Press VO-space bar to select that option.

Hope this helps.