[macvoiceover] Re: Tables and word processing

  • From: David Hilbert Poehlman <poehlman1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2011 10:03:44 -0500

One thing you can do in a blank document is set up the structure.  the
difference between office for windows and pages for instance on the mac is that
you can do a lot of things free hand.  You might also want to investigate the
templates but as I recall, they don't seem to work for us which is why we start
with a blank document.

On Nov 15, 2011, at 7:44 AM, David Hilbert Poehlman wrote:

they are working on it.

On Nov 15, 2011, at 3:10 AM, Daniela Rubio wrote:

Don't you think that Apple doesn't feel pushed to work around that issue of
tables because many people virtual ice Windows to solve this? I don't think it
would be so difficult to make this accessible. I think that if the Voice Over
community makes pressure on the topic may be they will star  working more
seriously on it. If no one complains because we have an external solution, they
don't feel it is so important. But More than one would be delighted  if he or
she doesn't need to go back to Windows to make a table or spreadsheet.
Take care!

SALUDOS, DANIELA R.T.
MACNETICOS, APPLE Y ACCESIBILIDAD A TU ALCANCE.
EN TWITTER: @macneticos
NUESTRO BLOG EN:
www.macneticus.blogspot.com
Y EL PODCAST EN:`
http://macneticos.libsyn.com

El 14/11/2011, a las 19:53, Jeff Kisecker escribió:

> I am not aware of any work arounds for the table issue in Pages nor any
> other word processing program for the mac.  I have had to resort to using MS
> word on an older windows machine to accomplish the table tasks.  Very sad.

Jonnie Appleseed
with his
Hands-On Technolog(eye)s
reducing technology's disabilities