[macvoiceover] Re: Stuck in Mail...

  • From: Chris Hofstader <cdh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2008 20:12:21 -0500

It turned out to be a dialogue sitting front of the main Mail window that I needed to use the VO+F2n command to get to and dismiss it. In the past, everytime this dialogue popped up it had focus but, for no reason I can explain, it was lost in the mix this time.

On Dec 28, 2008, at 7:23 PM, Travis Siegel wrote:

Usually, command-tab moves between mail-finder-whatever else is open, command-tilde moves between windows of the same program.
If you need a new inbox window, just hit command-option-n.
If command-tilde is moving you between programs, instead of between windows of the same program, you've got much more serious issues than just vo misbehaving.

On Dec 28, 2008, at 4:52 PM, Chris Hofstader wrote:

This didn't work either. I had used the Command+w to close the window before I wrote to the list and that remains useless. The Command+~ moved me
to the Finder and then back to Mail in its still hung up state.

Rebooting, restarting, everything I've tried keeps this evil message atop the pile when I open Mail and I still cannot find anything to do with it.

Grrrr...

Happy Hacking,
cdh

Chris Hofstader