[macvoiceover] Re: Stuck in Mail...

  • From: Travis Siegel <tsiegel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2008 14:19:39 -0600

Try command-w to close the window.
If that doesn't work, then try command-~ (tilde) to switch to another window, at least then you can continue using mail, regardless of the state of that window.

On Dec 28, 2008, at 2:07 PM, Chris Hofstader wrote:

Hi,

Today I was happily reading my email until a strange situation involving what seems to be a single email start to happen. I opened the message, read its contents and tried to delete it. Deleting didn't work with the keystroke, going to the toolbar and choosing delete or hitting the close button. When I tried to shut down, I got an error that said I had to force quit mail first so I did and it restarted.

I restarted Mail after it rebooted and was faced with the same email and the same "no way out" state. I tried a few more times to shut down and do a few other things but, alas, all has done nothing but leave me with Mail broken.

Any ideas?

I had to use my Windows laptop to do this email.

Happy Hacking,
cdh

Chris Hofstader
email: cdh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx