[macvoiceover] Re: Spell-Checking in Pages VS TextEdit?

  • From: Jim Fettgather <jimfettgather@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 09 May 2011 06:50:00 -0500

So, if I might clarify:
In Pages, when doing a Command Shift Semicolon, the misspelled word is highlighted, possibly in a separate window. VO Shift M does not appear to bring up a list of suggestions, but pressing Tab lands on the table of suggestions. I just wanted to verify that this is the way that it works, unless there's a more streamlined method.
Thanks a lot.

On 5/8/2011 6:31 PM, Linnette Whalen wrote:
I use command, shift with the semicolon. This works both in Pages and Text Edit.
On May 8, 2011, at 1:24 PM, Jim Fettgather wrote:

Hi to the list.

Spell-checking in TextEdit is straight forward, Command Semicolon, and
then VO Shift M to bring up the list of suggestions.

However, this does not seem to work in Pages, so any tips on how to
spell-check in Pages would be great.
Thanks a lot.