[macvoiceover] Re: Sound editor where i hear what i do

  • From: Jacob Schmude <j.schmude@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2009 13:48:06 -0500

Travis
What's cool about Quicktime Pro is that you can also do quick and dirty video edits in addition to audio edits. I might be wrong, but it seems this is the closest thing we've ever had to an accessible video editor of any kind.

On Feb 7, 2009, at 13:40, Travis Siegel wrote:

Generally, for small edits, (removing errors in narration and so forth) I use quicktime. It's not as full-featured as some other editors for the mac, but its certainly the simplest one I've used. I have registered, so I actually have quicktime pro for editing, not the default quicktime, so there's a few more options as far as file formats and the like, but still, the basic functions are there in the non-pro version as well. It's good for just those quick edit jobs where you don't want or need anything fancy, and just want to get the job done. It leaves a lot to be desired if you're trying to do professional level editing, such as for multi-track sounds, mixing, and the like, but I think it can't be beat for simple quick and dirty edits.

The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair.
        --Douglas Adams