[macvoiceover] Re: Sound editor where i hear what i do

  • From: Keith Reedy <wa9dro@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2009 22:20:02 -0500

Jacob,

You never seese to amaze me!

Thanks.

Keith Reedy

On Feb 8, 2009, at 5:31 PM, Jacob Schmude wrote:

Hi Keith
Have a look at the soundstudio keyboard shortcuts, as this is where I found the relevant commands. The scrub commands, for example, are the numbers 1 an 2 (top row only, not numpad). 1 scrubs back and 2 goes forward. Enter (numpad, not return) places a marker, command-m also does this if you can't press numpad enter. This is really the only thing I read before I jumped into soundstudio. That's the only document I can point you to, I'm sure there are others but I didn't read them :).

On Feb 8, 2009, at 16:43, Keith Reedy wrote:

Jacob,

Where can I get info on how to make SS do these things?

Keith Reedy

On Feb 8, 2009, at 3:29 PM, Jacob Schmude wrote:

Hi Krister
So what you'd like is the ability to scrub through audio files without the play position moving when you stop, am I on the right track? Soundstudio might be your best bet then, though it doesn't do exactly that you can place markers right at the play point and scrub through while playing, as well as fine-tuning the marker's location. Or, am I still missing the mark? :)

On Feb 8, 2009, at 14:36, Krister Ekstrom wrote:

8 feb 2009 kl. 17.11 skrev Jacob Schmude:

And naturally, you can here what you do in realtime in both of them, I can't honestly think of an audio editor where I couldn't do that unless I'm misunderstanding what you mean.

Well, someone mentioned Audacity earlier in this thread but the reason why i don't use it is just that, i can't hear what i do there. What i mean by this is that i can't actually fast forward or better yet scrub to a place where i want to start a selection, and once selecting, i can't hear in realtime unless i press a play button or other, what i have selected making it hard to edit with precition, which is what i'm after.
/Krister

The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair.
        --Douglas Adams