[macvoiceover] Re: Snow Lepoard seens slow

  • From: Brett Campbell <blindinnovator@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 23:19:52 -0600

Hi Jim,

I'm glad to hear your machine kicked into gear. I experienced the behavior you described when I first got my mini, and it has 4 gb of ram. My problem turned out to be the mini, at least mine, requires a monitor, or an adapter to trick it, to get rid of the busy busy busy. As for the bluetooth dialogue affecting performance, that's beyond my knowledge base.

Brett

On Aug 31, 2009, at 10:07 PM, Jim Fettgather wrote:

I am replying to my own message.
Honest, this 2 GB machine was slow as molasses, it was unuseable, it would take 40 or 50 seconds for some web pages to load, and Itunes and other applications were slow slow slow and jerky. I worked with the machine for a couple of hours trying to figure out what was happening. All of a sudden, a message pops up on screen, about a blue tooth firmware update, so i grudgingly agree to do the update, I have no bluetooth devices in the vicinity nor do I plan to use any.

The machine restarts, and it is now blazing fast, unbelievably fast, faster than any of the Windows machines I have ever used

I have not ever read about this, could someone perhaps explain what happened?
Has this happened to anyone?

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jim Fettgather" <jimfettgather@xxxxxxxxx >