[macvoiceover] Re: Snow Leopard installed!!

  • From: David Poehlman <david.poehlman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2009 12:47:30 -0400

no.  you did the right thing.

On Sep 19, 2009, at 12:00 PM, Russell Solowoniuk wrote:

Yup, as soon as my computer restarted after installing Snow Leopard, there was an "updates available" message offering me 10.61, so I installed it. Maybe I should have run repair permissions before installing the update?

Thanks,

Russell
On 2009-09-19, at 3:22 AM, David Poehlman wrote:

did you run the update?

On Sep 18, 2009, at 10:52 PM, Russell Solowoniuk wrote:

Hi everyone,

Well, I installed SL tonight without a hitch, except, of course, when I ran "repair disk permissions afterwards I now have two SUID warnings, which luckily I didn't have in Leopard. Do I need to worry about these? Is there a way to fix them?

One thing I noticed since installing SL is that my available disk space seems to be reported more accurately. I have a 320 GB hard drive on my iMac. In Leopard, it showed my disk as having a total of 297 GB with 29 GB used, and 268 GB free. After installing SL, it shows my disk as having 320 GB with 24 GB used, and 295 GB free. So, there is now 5 GB less being used, but I somehow gained about 24 GB. Interesting!

Russell