[macvoiceover] Re: Signing up for iPhone list

  • From: David Chittenden <dchittenden@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 04 Aug 2010 18:11:09 +1200

Hello,

I do not know. I set up a gmail account to make it easier to sign up for google groups. I also set up a yahoo email account to make it easier for signing up to yahoo groups. Eventually, my gmail account became my primary account because it has proven more stable than any of my former ISPs.

David Chittenden, MSc, CRC, MRCAA
Email: dchittenden@xxxxxxxxx

On 8/4/2010 3:29 AM, Judy Wilkinson wrote:
Can I do this without getting some kind of google account--which I'd prefer not
to do?
Judy

On Aug 3, 2010, at 1:09 AM, David Chittenden wrote:

Hello,

Actually, you need to go to the list's website on groups.google.com to sign up.
Fill out all the sections including the comments section so that the list
moderators know you are a real person. Every application is approved by the
mods to cut down on spammers.

David Chittenden, MSc, CRC, MRCAA
Email: dchittenden@xxxxxxxxx

On 8/3/2010 3:49 PM, Judy Wilkinson wrote:
So um, it's a catch-22. One needs to be invited; one doesn't know who is on the
list. Can anyone short circuit this and get me on the list?
Judy

On Aug 2, 2010, at 7:35 PM, Timothy Clark wrote:

someone has to invight you.
It's like google voice.
I would hav to invight you to google voice.
this is the same I guess with the phone.
Hope this helps.

On 8/2/10, Judy Wilkinson<jwilkins@xxxxxxxxx>   wrote:

Sure enough, when I sent the blank message I got the info that it is invite
only. So how do I get invited?
Judy

On Aug 2, 2010, at 1:22 PM, Dan Eickmeier wrote:

Yes, you can do this.  Send a blank email to
viphone+subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  ONly thing is, I think the list is
set to invite only.  Which is a bit weird, don't know why.  Maybe they've
done that to keep spamers away?
On Aug 2, 2010, at 3:16 PM, Judy Wilkinson wrote:

Is there a simple way to sign up for the iPhone list without setting up a
google account?  For example, can one send  a blank message with
something like "subscribe" in the subject line?
Thanks,
Judy

Timothy Clark, WTCN Owner and Maniger
http://wtcnradio.podzone.net

with 'subscribe' in the Subject field OR by logging into the Web interface at