[macvoiceover] Re: Several problems on a Macbook

  • From: VaShaun Jones <vjones@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2007 16:17:34 -0400

Sheryll, did you post the same question to both list? You have been getting on me for this for ever. All in fun and love...

On Oct 27, 2007, at 2:36 PM, Cheryl Homiak wrote:

Hi.
Carla is having several problems with her Macbook and because of one of them it's easier for me to post to the list. Hope somebody can help. 1. Carla has lost the menu item, usually next to airport, that says "modem". She also has lost her modem connection apparently. I told her to shut down and then plug in her modem and start the computer again and then restart and see if the modem connection works and the menu item reappears; I couldn't stay on the phone while she did this because I needed to do something else. Should that help? 2. I did try to get Carla into System Preferences to see her modem connection but when we go to the dock and try to open System Preferences, it just says "application dock item" and the application doesn't open. 3. Carla's volume has gone down to 92 per cent and she wants it back up. Does the Macbook have media keys or not? 4. I found that Carla has been turning off her computer by holding in the power button on the laptop. I showed her how to shutdown with ctrl-eject but is there anything I should have her run to make sure her system hasn't been dammaged from doing it the other way consistently? Sorry for all the questions, but while I can answer most of these for my computer, I'm not yet familiar with macbook keyboard layouts--guess I'll be getting familiar!!! I also haven't ever used a modem with the Mac myself.
Thanks.

--

Cheryl

"Where your treasure is,