[macvoiceover] Re: Selecting Text in Safari

  • From: John Panarese <jpanarese@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 7 Jun 2009 22:46:58 -0400

Interesting. I don't know how this would exactly work. At least, how one selects different areas, unless it works like files? Anyone out there who can clarify? Unless this does not refer to text on a webpage. Good point, Barry.

John D. Panarese
Managing Director
Technologies for the Visually Impaired, Inc.
9 Nolan Court
Hauppauge, NY 11788
Tel/Fax, (631) 724-4479
Email, tvii@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Internet, http://www.tvi-web.com

AUTHORIZED DISTRIBUTORS FOR PORTSET SYSTEMS LTD, COMPSOLUTIONS VA, PREMIER ASSISTIVE TECHNOLOGIES, INDEX, PAPENMEIER, REPRO-TRONICS, DUXBURY, SEROTEK AND OTHER PRODUCTS FOR THE BLIND AND VISUALLY IMPAIRED

MAC VOICEOVER TRAINING AND SUPPORT

On Jun 7, 2009, at 10:38 PM, Barry Hadder wrote:

Here it is from the manual.

If you can’t select text using standard Mac OS X keyboard shortcuts, as in an email message that you have received, press VO-Return. Then press VO-arrow keys to read the text you want to select, and then press VO-Return again. The text that was read is highlighted and selected. To select non-adjacent text, press VO- Command-Space bar, press VO-arrow keys to read the text, and then press VO-Command- Space bar again. To delete selected text, press any key on the keyboard. If you accidentally delete
On Jun 7, 2009, at 8:15 PM, John Panarese wrote:

OK, my mistake and my apologies. Still, however this is for selecting non contiguous items in Finder, for example. Blocks or chunks of text in a document or on the web is done via the previously mentioned technique.

Take Care

John D. Panarese
Managing Director
Technologies for the Visually Impaired, Inc.
9 Nolan Court
Hauppauge, NY 11788
Tel/Fax, (631) 724-4479
Email, tvii@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Internet, http://www.tvi-web.com

AUTHORIZED DISTRIBUTORS FOR PORTSET SYSTEMS LTD, COMPSOLUTIONS VA, PREMIER ASSISTIVE TECHNOLOGIES, INDEX, PAPENMEIER, REPRO-TRONICS, DUXBURY, SEROTEK AND OTHER PRODUCTS FOR THE BLIND AND VISUALLY IMPAIRED

MAC VOICEOVER TRAINING AND SUPPORT

On Jun 7, 2009, at 9:08 PM, Barry Hadder wrote:

I'm not saying vo-space. I'm saying vo-command-space. So you will know what I'm talking about, vo-k, vo-command-space. It is in the manual.

On Jun 7, 2009, at 7:53 PM, John Panarese wrote:

Selecting any blocks of text utilizes the method previously described by pressing VO keys and enter to start selecting, VO keys and the arrows to select and VO keys and enter again to stop selecting. The VO keys and space bar for non contiguous items, I believe, is for something like selecting files or folders in Finder. Please correct me if I am misunderstanding the question.

On Jun 7, 2009, at 8:05 PM, Barry Hadder wrote:

Hi,

I'm talking about selecting non contiguous text. You do that with vo-command-space.
Thanks.

On Jun 7, 2009, at 5:02 PM, Marie Howarth wrote:

for selecting text you need to use vo + enter then use vo keys to highlight what you want to and then press vo + enter again to get out of select mode.
vo + space works for selecting buttons/links etc

On Jun 7, 2009, at 10:57 PM, Barry Hadder wrote:

I have recently noticed that the key combination vo-command- space doesn't work in Safari 4. I'm wondering if anybody else is having this problem before I send a bug report.
Thanks.

Barry Hadder
bhadder@xxxxxxxxxxx

Barry Hadder