[macvoiceover] Re: Scanning multiple pages in to one file using Abbyy fine reader for Mac

  • From: Dan <keysjd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 May 2010 12:25:15 -0700

Hello John,
This is how I scan multiple pages. I have an HP PhotoSmart 7280 All-In-One. I
use it's scanning utility and I save as a pdf image only. Then when I open the
image with ABBYY Fine Reader, I just tell it to convert to text and away it
goes. All the pages are scanned into one file. Furthermore, by doing it this
way, no matter what direction each page was scanned, they will always be
oriented properly when doing the OCR.
Of course, I can use theHP Scan option from within ABBYY, but I really prefer
running the scanning and the OCR in two completely separate application. It
just avoids any confusion.
HTH,
Dan