[macvoiceover] Re: Safari with Flash

  • From: carlene knight <cknight@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 22:33:40 -0700

Hi David:

I want to thank you for your ideas.  I've got
57 gigs of space free, Othere is a lot of RAM, and we're only using %5 CPU power. I'm not going to sweat this too much unless it happens with my G5 I'll be getting soon. My husband did a fresh install of Leopard when we first got the machine. I can use the internet right now, without plug-ins so I'll be okay for a bit. I want to thank all for your advice.

On Aug 25, 2009, at 2:48 AM, David Poehlman wrote:

this is interesting. We should probably go through your configuration and see if we can figure out what is going on. some things that might need to be done. run permission repair. make sure you have ample space on your drive for it to work. make sure you have ample ram and that it is working properly. Make sure you are not running anything in the background that is unnecessary. If it is vo try turning it off and then back on and see if that clears up the busy signals.

On Aug 24, 2009, at 10:35 PM, carlene knight wrote:

Hi:

I am having trouble accessing web pages with any flash in Safari. Voiceover just says busy every time I try to do something, including interacting with the page. According to my husband, the pages are loading, but I can't do anything. I thought I had problems with JAWS, but this is even worse. I don't want to use my PC but what should I do? thanks. from a novice.