[macvoiceover] Re: Safari 5 / 10.64 do I install?

  • From: David Poehlman <david.poehlman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 16:46:39 -0400

the rule is that if you get a software update, you should install it.  In this
case, there are security issues to consider.  Also, the jury is still out on
whether the combo updagte fixes any or all of these issues.

You need to decide whether any of the issues you have sen are important to you.
 I've seen an issue herfe and there but most of what I'm seeing I can live with
but then I don't use ichat or audible which seem to have the biggest issues and
in the case of audible, it may well be a case of javascript issues which can be
dealt with.

On Jun 16, 2010, at 4:26 PM, phil stephenson wrote:

Hi,

Ok in light of recent traffic over issues people have been having with Safari 5
and the new 10.64 update I am really confused  about whether r not I should go
ahead an install them.

I find it most bizarre that a good number of people on the list are having such
major problems and yet others are .

As a still fairly new switcher to the Mac I am slowly but sure getting to fid
my way around it and someone from the group should also contact someone higher
up in Apple, I even think I recall someone a while ago emailing Steve Jobbs and
getting a reply.

yes I know i the great scheme of things us blind mac users are a tiny
proportion of their global market but in view of their otherwise excellent work
and commitment to accessibility I think they need to be aware of the evel of
problems / frustration people are experiencing.

Anyway that's just my view.

Yours confusedly,

Phil

the last thing I want is to have some of the problems others are having.

I know there is probably no one answer to this but I'm really uncertain as to
how to proceed.  I'm also very disappointed that these issues have arisen and I
wonder that as well as the emails to accessibility@xxxxxxxxx not
---
Phil Stephenson

phil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx