[macvoiceover] Re: SL - showing file extensions

  • From: Marty Rimpau <mrimpau@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2009 18:03:47 -0700

Hi Russell, in finder preferences with command comma, go in to advanced, and make sure that show file extentions is checked.

On Sep 19, 2009, at 2:52 PM, Russell Solowoniuk wrote:

Hi all,

I downloaded an intake form I needed to fill out. It's in PDF format, to, on my Windows machine I converted the file to a text document, opened it in MS Word, and then saved it as a Word document. I then brought that word document and the original PDF to my Mac machine to see if I could fill in the form. I tried it in Pages, but there's no attributes given when I press VO T. I tried it in Nisus Writer, and it's a bit better, but's it's quite a long form and I need it for Monday, so decided I'd email the files back to myself and do it on my Windows machine.

So, I started a new email message and went to attach the files, but I couldn't tell which file was which. I had 4 files with the same name, but different extensions, but in the attach file dialogue box, only the file names showed. Is there a way to change this behavior?

Thanks,

Russell