[macvoiceover] Re: Recommendations on which Mac to get if I want one.

  • From: Sam Troia <samtroia@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 10:24:44 -0500

A Mac Mini is what I have and it's not even one of the upgraded kind from late
last year and I love it a whole lot.  It's a box about six inches square and
two inches high, but you must, and I emphasize must, use it with a monitor.
Once upon a time the minis could be used without a monitor but this is no
longer the case.  I even use mine with a monitor.

Now, before we go too much further and annoy Keith, the moderator, this list is
really for the discussion of Voiceover: questions, problems, etc. and not for
general Mac questions and recommendations.  Those kinds of questions would be
better suited to something like the Mac Visionaries list on Google Groups.

On Jan 29, 2010, at 9:52 AM, Daniel McGee wrote:

> Hi everyone, I have another question. In all of your personal opations which
> Mac would you recommend to get for a person swiching over from windows? I
> can't see the screen I've heard of one called a mac mini which is just the
> box so to speak you don't need to buy a monitor which sounds cool. But
> someone told me once I can't remember which version of the Mac was it but is
> it true that in one of tthe versions you can't burn audio CD's Or it might be
> that you can't burn DVD's i'm not sure. That's just a fact I would like to
> clear up. And my main question is what version would you recommend for me? If
> it helps I have a windows Vista Home premium addition. So i'm kind of looking
> for a Mac that's similar to home premium. Of course its always nice to have a
> faster processor.  lol I don't want to get an I mac because I already have a
> desktop computer so I can rule out the IMac desktop computer.
> I'll await your comments and Recommendations.
> Many Thanks
> Daniel

Sincerely,
Sam Troia, NYC