[macvoiceover] Re: Ready to take the plunge, but...

  • From: "Marty Rimpau" <mrimpau@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 04 Aug 2009 18:42:50 -0700

Hi Rich, in addition to interacting with text, or links, there is the
link chooser, with vo u, and the item chooser with vo i, and in some
cases, the find command with vo f, though this doesn't always work on
all pages, but I can type in text in the item chooser menu, and it will
actually find that instance of text, so it is just a diferent way of
doing things than most screen readers.
On Tue, 4 Aug 2009 10:12:25 -0400, David Poehlman wrote:

On Aug 4, 2009, at 9:56 AM, Richard Ring wrote:

I would never argue with what has been said in this message.  However,
for me, I find the Mac web browsing experience quite cumbersome.  This
may well be based on ignorance and lack of experience, so I would
appreciate not being flamed.  However, it seems to me that I must
ingeract with html content in order to read information that is
presented on a page in that format, then I must stop interacting with
that portion of a page that contains such data in order to, for
instance, go to a specific link.  I would whole heartedly agree that
what screen readers do in order to attempt to render web pages more
useable is deceptive, but how does what one must do on the Mac provide
me with more and better and more useful information?  I ask because I
Rich, you do not have to stop interacting with text to go to a link,
just tab.
simply don't know.  If this is not the list where such questions can be
addressed, please me advise.