[macvoiceover] Readiris pro problem: can't agree to license

  • From: Cheryl Homiak <chomiak@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2008 12:25:18 -0500 (CDT)

Ok, I'm getting just a little upset about this whole thing because it's
the second time it's happened to me. A while back I got omnipage on
recommendations (not from this list); was told it would install. It
didn't; I called the company and they refunded me because they said they
were making no guarantees about Mac install any more. So now i've bought
readiris pro and so has Carla. I opened the application; I lined up the
muse and hit continue; fine. But now I'm in a dialog with an inaccessible
vertical scrollbar and print and save; continue (of course!!) is dimmed
and there's no way to get to an agree or disagree button; I've done
everything I can think of. In Carla's case, when she tries this, she might
be able to get sighted help to click agree for her. In my case, this is a
mac mini; I have no display and very little sighted assistance anyway. If
anybody else had this problem and solved it in some other way than getting
sighted help, please share what you did. Otherwise I'm going to have to
call and get it refunded to my card which can take up to three weeks.
Also, if anybody is aware of anything inaccessible about this program
once installed, please come forward and warn me now!!!
Look, I know it's not anybody's fault on this list; i'm just
venting;  but I am tired
of getting burned!!!!

--

Cheryl