[macvoiceover] Re: Read Iris success!!

  • From: Cheryl Homiak <chomiak@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 9 Aug 2009 22:41:05 -0500

Hi Russell.

Congratulations on getting vuescan and readiris up and running!!!

Can you report on the quality of your scans with vuescan/readiris compared to other scanning methods you use. Having spent a lot of money on Abbyy Finereader in Windows, I'm reluctant to spend money again, especially since I think I'd want readiris corporate instead of the basic version. But if I can get a definite comparison indicating vuescan/readiris is truly equivalent, I might consider using some of my income tax refund next year to this end. Please indicate what solution you were using for scanning prior to vuescan and readiris, whether you did a lot of scanning and how the solutions compare in accuracy if you wouldn't mind.

Tia.

--
Cheryl
"Let the words of my mouth,