[macvoiceover] Re: Questions after playing with readiris demo

  • From: Cara Quinn <caraquinn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 14:30:30 -0800

UH, Tim, yes, I believe it does mean exactly that. -That it isn't accessible on one's own. yes?… Isn't that the definition of 'accessible?' -That something can be accessed?…

Sorry, but this sounds simply as if you have a problem with someone's preferences on how they deal with a situation. What's fine for you may not be fine for others after-all.

In VO, this is why we have choices, because not everyone feels the same way about how something should be accomplished, but in the end, the fact that the thing *is* able to be accomplished on one's own is what broadens the accessibility of the Mac. Yes?…

  Anyway, thanks for your post and have a terrific day / evening!…

Smiles,

Cara  :)
---
View my Online Portfolio at:
http://www.onemodelplace.com/CaraQuinn

On Feb 11, 2009, at 2:19 PM, Tim Grady wrote:

So what's wrong with asking someboddy something? It doesn't mean it isn't accessible just because you have to much pride to ask some simple questions like where a button is on the screen.
On Feb 11, 2009, at 11:24 AM, Cheryl Homiak wrote:

Ten minutes with a sighted person describing buttons in the scanner interface? Well, if that's really how accessible it is, I'm really disappointed. It was my understanding this program was supposed to be actually accessible. Where is the scanning interface? In preferences or in settings?

--
Cheryl