[macvoiceover] Re: Questions about playing Dvd's

Your region code needs to be set for the country / region in which you live. I think the US is 1.

On Mar 22, 2008, at 8:54 AM, Tim Grady wrote:

Doesn't sound like that to me. Sounds like to me the reagion code of the player is what's wanted judging by the numbers 1-8. The first thing I would want to know is can any other DVD be be played? If the answer is yes then I would suspect what you do, but the first thing I would want to know was does my DVD player need to be initialized with the proper region code?
On Mar 22, 2008, at 5:30 AM, David Poehlman wrote:

Hi Carla,

It sounds like the dv was not finallized or is incompatable with your
system. It also sounds like it's opening in the finder. This could be due to a compatability issue or that the dvd has not been finallized. When you put a dvd into your Mac, it should load the dvd player automatically and you
can interact with it to a limitted degree with vo.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Carla Roller" <croller@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, March 22, 2008 12:35 AM
Subject: [macvoiceover] Questions about playing Dvd's

Hi all, I have never tried to play a Dvd on my mac book. This is one
that has been burned. So, when I put it in, all I get is unnone. And
something about a driver. It had numbers 1 thru 8 I wasn't sure what
they were for. Just how should I set the Dvd player so it will work?
I went to system pref.s., but I didn't know if I neded to change
anything or not. Can someone please assist me?
Tia, Carla