[macvoiceover] Re: Questions about playing Dvd's

I can't tell by what was said but I had a Lacie drive that wasn't initialized. When I tried to play a DVD in DVD Player a dialog popped up telling me that I needed to choose my region. I know that my region is 1 for north america. There're 8 regions and it is important to initialize the player for your region or you won't be able to play DVD's. It should be noted that you can only change the region code 5 times. After that your stuck with the region you chose the fifth time, so best to choose your region and forget about it. Once you do that you won't have to do it again. Sometimes the people who make sure a system works before the send it out forget to initialize the DVD player.

On Mar 22, 2008, at 9:16 AM, Cheryl Homiak wrote:

Hi Tim and all.

I think your explanation about initialization may indeed b e the correct one, though I'd still like to hear what Carla has set for dvds in system prefs and what ;message she is specifically getting when she tries to load the dvd.

If the problem is the need for initialization with a region code, are there steps she needs to follow to accomplish this or is the dialog she is seeing when she tries to load the dvd giving her this opportunity?

thanks.

--

Cheryl

"Where your treasure is,