[macvoiceover] Re: Problems with jumping

  • From: David Poehlman <david.poehlman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2009 06:29:49 -0400

Hi Cheryl;

I don't see any checkboxes that it would hurt to uncheck except perhaps ignore trackpad when mouse is present and having ignore accidental trackpad input checked might even help. It is important nonethe less to set all the sliders to slow but the zoom stuff is mostly not important except for activation so for instance, nothing in options is or should be important.

another solution of course is the ergonomic approach. if she can arrange things in such a way as to not accidentally come into contact with the trackpad, that might fix the issues all together if it is infact a track pad issue.

On Aug 15, 2009, at 2:07 AM, Cheryl Homiak wrote:

Hi all.

I do suspect that the problem has to do with the trackpad as sometimes jumping occurs when carla isn't actually even touching the keyboard. We went through and tried to do as David advised: unchecking boxes and making sure sliders wwere as low as possible. However, there were some checkboxes which I questioned unchecking and there was also a three- button radio button in options about zooming in. Could David or anybody else who feels competent to do this please post settings that seem to be working for trackpad in System Prefs. I know that copying all this could be time-consuming but would appreciate this whenever somebody has time. I can't experiment myself as I don't have a laptop. Also, the display was actually one setting larger for resolution (1200 etc) rather than smaller but we changed it back to 1024 by 768.

Thanks.

--
Cheryl
"Let the words of my mouth,