[macvoiceover] Re: Problem with mail

trash needs to be fixed. have you tried rebuild? go to the trash folder in the folders list, go to the mailbox menu and click rebuild if it is not dimmed. if it is dimmed, try permissions repair which may or may not fix it. if this doesn't work, you can delete the folder and have it recreated. you will find it in:

/users/<your user name>/library/mail/mailboxes/deleted messages
Let us know if you resolve this through any of the methods outlined above and I'll send you a bill. if you don't resolve it, let us know and we'll look at more drastic options like using terminal for which the cost is higher.

On Sep 25, 2009, at 8:46 AM, Jeff Kisecker wrote:

Hi:

I don't know what I did, but somehow my trash folder has been modified
in apple mail using snow leopard.  I can no longer send stuff to the
trash folder, it tells me that there is a criticle error and that the
folder can't take any items.

Is there a way to fix this?  Is there a way to reinstall the mail
program on its own?

Should I try to create a new mail account using the same e-mail address?

Any help is appreciated as always.