[macvoiceover] Re: Pages 9?

  • From: John Hess <johnythehess@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2009 19:02:02 -0500

Keith, when you use the copy it's done like this. Press command-s for save and once the dialog opens you need to find the checkbox that says "show disclosure triangle". Once this is shown you will see where the file is going plus a check box that allows you to save a copy in word. ONce the box is checked you will see a popup menu next to the check box that offers a few formats. The word format is word97. Have fun.

On Jan 7, 2009, at 4:33 PM, Keith Reedy wrote:

Thanks,

This must be new, I did not see it in IW8.

Keith Reedy

On Jan 7, 2009, at 1:21 PM, Jacob Schmude wrote:

Hi Keith
Yes you can. After creating your document, in the save as dialog, check the "save a copy as" box and select "word document." This will save your document in the pages format, and also put a word document along side it, the idea being that you should edit in pages format when possible but when you need to send it to someone without iWork you would save a copy. Note that this will be the more typical .doc format as opposed to the new .docx format, which iWork does not support exporting to as of yet. You can, however, read these newer xml-based word documents with iWork.
hth

On Jan 7, 2009, at 10:17, Keith Reedy wrote:

Hi folks,

To those of you who are using Pages 9, can you create a file and save it in word?

Thanks.

The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair.
        --Douglas Adams

John W. Hess & Barclay the WonderLab