[macvoiceover] Re: PDF userguide

  • From: David Poehlman <david.poehlman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 12:44:52 -0400

when you are in the outline interact with vo, find the section you want, stop interacting and use vo to move to the body of the document and you will be in the section you highlighted.

On Jun 28, 2009, at 12:40 PM, Donna Goodin wrote:

David,

the default seems to be document outline, at least that's where I ended up. I could navigate the table of contents, but was unable to jump to a specific section. How does one do that?
Best,
Donna
On Jul 28, 2009, at 12:36 PM, David Poehlman wrote:

donna, it is an easy document to navigate. if you like, you can turn it into text.
1. open the document, it will come up in preview.
2. press command-shift-a to select all of the text.
3. go to the preview menu and select services, right arrow and select text edit, right arrow and select open new window with selection. your document is now text in text edit and you can save it and read it in text edit.

To read the pdf, you need to do one of two things or actually three. you can use search to find what you are looking for and read the results, you can use the document outline to go to and read the section you want and you can go to the body of the document, interact with it and read it.

On Jun 28, 2009, at 11:58 AM, Donna Goodin wrote:

David, if I had the foggiest idea of how to navigate and read that document, trust me, I would do it.
Donna