[macvoiceover] Re: Opera is really annoying me now.

  • From: "Jane Jordan (Gmail)" <juanitatighan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 19:14:33 -0400

I got irritable and uninstalled Opera; Iwill probably play with it this weekd when I have slightly more patience ...

I saved the disc image, so that won't be a problem.

Jane

On Apr 30, 2008, at 11:39 AM, Neal Ewers wrote:

OK, Keith, when I started Opera this morning, It supposedly opened my start up page. It took me to a page that was just as you described. There seemed to be no way to interact with html content.

I also went to a number of pages I no very well. The reading order of these pages is very strange and unlike any presented in any other browser I have used. Also, Opera is not finding headings on a number of these pages.

When I go to

http://www.trace.wisc.edu

where I used to work, I look for page headings and Opera doesn't find them even though they are there. When I read the page, it reads the header information, the search links, and the footer information. Then, and only then, does it read the main part of the page. It's almost as if it is reading in some kind of groups, but I can find nothing to turn this on or off. So, if you're using Opera, perhaps you might go to pages you know well and see if it reads them correctly.

Neal Ewers
Ravenswood Productions
Madison Wisconsin
Local phone: 608-277-1995