[macvoiceover] Re: OT Function key command to change scren brightness and seeking tips for working with low vision users.

  • From: Rossy <koumanova_rostislava@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 21:56:21 +0200

hi,
i use zoom:
to turno on \ off the zoom function comand option 8
then to increase to max comand option 0
to decrease comand option "-"
it might be useful to set up the preference in the sustem pref, by setting the min and max range of zoom . i use show cursor effect in the vo pref, setting it size to a small square that follows my insert and vo cursor. at the begining it meant a great deal to me and i could orient my understanding by folloing the square. it zooms the text on which i am working as well , i.e. zooms only the word with which i am interacting. it helped me to understand the cursor editing functions and if i don't need it i just comand option 8 , or if i need to zzom bcause i am stuck vice versa hope that it is comprehensive because i am still at the begining with my mac book.
rossy

Il giorno 27/mag/09, alle ore 04:50, Dan Eickmeier ha scritto:

Hi John, if she has one of the mac laptops, she can hit FN f1 to lower the screen brightness to her liking. Not sure if you can do the same on the desktop models or not. as far as turning on magnification, there's a feature in Mac oS called zoom. There is a keystroke to turn it on without going into system preferences, but not sure what it is offhand, as I don't need it, and I use Voiceover. Hope this helps.
On May 26, 2009, at 10:41 PM, John Hess wrote:

Good evening I have a client who needs the screen brightness lowered. Is there a function key command that will do this? Also, can anyone make recommendations for what to turn of so a low vision user can see the information on the screen better? For some reason when my client was looking at the screen she did not see text. I forget what it was but it sounded like either a background or wall paper. any tips for best set up for a low vision user would be helpful. I'll be using voiceover while teaching the client but she doesn't need to see the voiceover curser. Thanks.
On May 26, 2009, at 10:30 PM, Mark Baxter wrote:

If you're going to stay in the Adium window throughout the conversation, you can turn cursor tracking off with VO shift F3. You can then leave your VO cursor in the window and your mouse cursor in the edit box, then just follow along with VO. However, remember to turn cursor tracking back on again when you leave the Adium window.

Mark BurningHawk

Skype and Twitter:  BurningHawk1969
MSN:  BurningHawk1969@xxxxxxxxxxx
My home page: