[macvoiceover] Re: OCR and Scanning using a multi function

  • From: Tim Grady <tfgrady1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 05 Jun 2011 13:13:19 -0400

Well, that would be true depending on how old the printer was, whether it
originally even had twain drivers and other factors.  For example, there was no
compatible scanning software for my Brother mfp until they wrote twain drivers
for it this year.  Apparently it was originally a windows printer and only had
the WIA drivers.  The epson 630 series drivers do not come in snow leopard and
only get updated if you install the original drivers from the epson cd or
download them from their web site, and I'm pretty sure there're a few more out
there.