[macvoiceover] Re: New Macbook and snow leopard.

  • From: David Poehlman <david.poehlman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 10:49:23 -0400

are you still having speed speech issues?

you could ave performed a clean install using the upgrade disc. it's in the doc that comes with the disc.

To fix the getting stuck in menus, go to the vo utility, go to navigation and set mouse cursor ignores vo cursor.

On Sep 14, 2009, at 10:28 AM, Jessica wrote:

Greetings everyone. It's been a while. I've been back and forth from windows to the mac now for around three years. I've been using the mac exclusively now for a few months. There are still quite a few things I haven't figured out. Most of which just takes time and rereading documents over and over as I pick up a bit or two at a time and apply it.

Now I have upgraded to snow leopard and have a new Macbook pro. When I first installed VO came out speaking 90 miles an hour. I did not do a clean install as I only have an upgrade disk. My husband did the install while I was at work and he said there was no way to do it without it saving my current settings. I'm not sure this is correct but for now it's what I have. The only thing I find completely vexing is arrowing through menus. It seems that about half way down I am getting stuck. For example, VO keys m and arrowing down gets me completely stuck on the dock. Any thoughts. Sorry for the rambling, I guess it's my attempt at paving the way for a million more questions. Smiles.

Cheers,
Jess