[macvoiceover] Re: My Mail Woes

  • From: Chris Hofstader <cdh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 08:55:10 -0400

Hi,

This only occurs when I am composing a reply to a message. I've never seen it happen when reading which I always do by opening it from the message list. It's happening right now as I type this line.

I have my cursors tethered as I'm not real fond of finding something in a location that is no longer meaningful. My mail settings, turns on reading by thread which remain collapsed until I open one. I have a number of mailboxes I made for myself but everything else comes from the factory defaults unless I did something accidentally to change some things.

One other issue when composing messages happens when I review the text I've written by line with the arrow keys. For no reason apparent to me, VO reads the first line of each paragraph twice - this has been going on for many months and I've no clue how to stop it.

cdh
On Aug 17, 2009, at 7:57 AM, David Poehlman wrote:

is this in composition or viewing? if viewing, are you using the preview pain or the message view window? what are your mail viewing settings? What are your vo settings?

On Aug 17, 2009, at 7:26 AM, Chris Hofstader wrote:

Hi,

Yesterday I described that VO+l would sometimes read a line somewhere below where I am typing. This morning, for the first time, it read a line well above where I was typing. I minimized the app and restored it without fixing the problem, I moved over to other applications and came back and the issue continued, finally, I did a SayAll (VO+a from the top of the message and the VO+l problem went away.

It gets curiouser and curiouser...

cdh