[macvoiceover] Moving iTunes Library

  • From: Russell Solowoniuk <rsolowoniuk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 15:07:01 -0600

Hi all,

I know this topic has been discussed before, but I didn't keep the messages. I copied my entire "My Documents" folder from my old Windows machine to an external hard drive. My iTunes library is within the "My Music" sub-folder. So, Do I simply open iTunes on my iMac, go to import library or folder or whatever, and choose to copy the files to the drive? Do I need to de-authorize iTunes on my old PC first?

If this is the way to do it, can I then sync my iPhone with my iMac?

Anything I need to be aware of before doing this?

Thanks,

Russell