[macvoiceover] Re: Moving Files

  • From: Blake Sinnett <frequency660@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 12:50:17 -0500

Unfortunately, you have to copy to the other folder, then delete them from the
original folder.

From: bryansmart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 09:53:22 -0400
Subject: [macvoiceover] Moving Files

Hi everyone. I'm new to the list, and new to the Mac, at least in the OSX
generation.

I'm trying to figure out how to move files in the finder from one folder to
another. Cut/paste still doesn't work in OSX, just like it didn't when I was
using OS8 so many years ago.

I searched around a bit, and found this page:
http://atmac.org/move-files-without-drag-and-drop/

Unfortunately, the tool that the page links to no longer exists, and the page
hasn't been updated in about 2 years.

Is this tool the appropriate way to move files? Does someone have this tool, or
could direct me to a current place to download it?

Perhaps I should spend time learning how to resize windows and drag/drop in
order to accomplish this task, but that seems like way too many keystrokes for
such a simple task. Is that just how things work on the Mac?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Bryan