[macvoiceover] More on spell checking

  • From: Bryan Smart <bryansmart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 03:18:01 -0500

I never got around to figuring out how the spell-check-anywhere feature worked,
so thanks to those of you that posted about it.

However, in TextEdit, it doesn't seem to work at all.

I opened a new document, and typed:

----------
This is a terst of the computor.

When I pressed command-; VoiceOver says "check document now", but nothing
happens.

I tried pressing command-shift-; for the spelling and grammar dialog, but the
text field where the word should be, and the suggestions list, are both blank.

I tried command-; and command-shift-; in other places, like Pages and Adium,
and they worked fine. Not sure what is wrong with TextEdit.

Any ideas?

Bryan