[macvoiceover] Re: More Network Issues

  • From: David Poehlman <david.poehlman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 09:56:57 -0400

if you go to the airport menu in the status menu, you can select your network and tell it to stay.

On Mar 10, 2009, at 9:49 AM, Chris Hofstader wrote:

I went through the system settings network section and found that everything looked good but, this morning, when I started up Safari, I got the network diagnostics page again and, oddly, after a few screens (not the whole process - just the part up to selecting DHCP) the network was recognized and Safari and now Mail are working properly.

I'm wondering if there is some place where I can select the default network and the like. I deleted all networks other than the original Airport which seems to do things properly after the changes I make in diagnostics.

I've been programming computers as a hobbyist since 1971 (I was 11 years old) and professionally since 1979. Printers and networks have been my enemies throughout my entire carrier as I always seem to break them.

Happy Hacking,
cdh
On Mar 9, 2009, at 6:01 PM, Greg Williams wrote:

Hi,
If you go to network under system preferences, you can check your airport settings. You will have to go under advanced to make sure that everything looks sensible for airport and tcp-ip etc..
On Mar 9, 2009, at 2:34 PM, Chris Hofstader wrote:

Hi,

This morning I wrote that every time I turn on my Mac, I need to go through the network diagnostics by hitting the button in Safari. It seems that I also need to do this if I leave the Mac sitting untouched for a while.

How and/or where can I set the configuration that works as the default so I needn't go through this all day long?

cdh