[macvoiceover] Microsoft contact for accessibility issues

  • From: Greg Kearney <gkearney@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: General discussions on all topics relating to the use of Mac OS X by the blind <discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, macvoiceover <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 12:33:03 -0600

Here is an email to send any questions and comments about Microsoft products and accessibility issues. All of you should send your comments and suggestions to him at once.

Daniel Hubbell
Technical Evangelist
Microsoft Accessibility Business Unit
dhubbell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Greg Kearney
535 S. Jackson St.
Casper, Wyoming 82601
307-224-4022
gkearney@xxxxxxxxx

On Apr 30, 2008, at 10:48 AM, Richie Gardenhire wrote:

All the more reason to make the switch to Mac. I understand screenreader developers for Windows are having a hard time keeping up with ever-changing trends in web designs and access strategies.
Richie Gardenhire, Anchorage, Alaska.
Skype: alaska_mac_attack.

On Apr 29, 2008, at 2:21 PM, Josh de Lioncourt wrote:

Hey all,

I've written up a commentary on Microsoft Messenger for Mac 7.0. It is a frustrating program accessibility-wise, because this is the clearest indication we've seen yet that Microsoft simply does not care about access. This program could have been made accessible with virtually no work on Microsoft's part. It almost works now. Here's a link to th commentary which outlines the problems.

http://www.lioncourt.com/2008/04/29/microsoft-messenger-for-mac-70-released-without-accessibility/

Josh de Lioncourt
Twitter: http://twitter.com/Lioncourt
Mac-cessibility Site: http://www.Lioncourt.com