[macvoiceover] Re: Mail status

  • From: Keith Reedy <wa9dro@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 14:34:16 -0400

I have used the preview pain for years and I like it very much.

As long as remote images are turned off you don't stand much chance of helping spammers.

It comes down to a matter of personal preference.

Keith reedy
On Mar 25, 2009, at 2:04 PM, David Poehlman wrote:

when the prevew payne is on, some spammers get notified that they have hit a valid address.

On Mar 25, 2009, at 12:50 PM, Blind Innovator wrote:

Thanks for the explanation. That being the case, I'll keep the preview pane on.

Brett

On 3/23/09, Ignasi Cambra <ignasicambra@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Turn off the preview pane. The thing is that when you arrow through
your messages they show up on the preview pane, so your computer
things that you read them. I still have the preview pane on because I
like toggling between the messages table and the preview pane when
going through mail. It's just really fast to do it that way.

Ignasi
On Mar 23, 2009, at 5:09 PM, Blind Innovator wrote:

Is there a way to have VoiceOver say the status of an email message,
such as read or unread?  It seems that when I arrow through my
messages I will hear a status, but if I arrow back, the status is
never spoken again.
Also, How do I know if a message has an attachment?
I'm very new to Mac and VO, so I appreciate your patients.

Brett Campbell

Manage your subscription by using the web interface on the link
below.