[macvoiceover] Re: Mail rules are cool!!!

  • From: david poehlman <david.poehlman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 12:16:35 -0400

interesting, I don't haved to delete any thing, I just select the condiions and actions and type what I want to put in for each.

for instance:
condition/criteria;
the subject contains
is what I select,
[macvoiceovder]
is what I type for it.

action, move it to the specified folder or what ever it says, I get it confused with that other os.
then I find the folder.  I usually create the folder first.

On Aug 18, 2009, at 11:08 AM, Cheryl Homiak wrote:

Well, I hate to admit his after--what is it, over four years?--of using the Mac--but here goes!!! I tried email rules when I first started using the Mac; what I created never worked and I was so confused I gave up. But today, since I'm subscribed to a list which I need to access sometime but which has way more mail irrelevant to me than I want cluttering my inbox, I decided to be really brave and try rules again. It wasn't hard at all once I realized I had to delete any listed actions I didn't want to use. I just made a rule, and the mail from that bothersome but necessary list--no, no, not Macvoiceover!!!-- is streaming into its own separate mailbox even as I type!!! Rules in Apple Mail are accessible, applicable, and a new area of advancement for me!!!!

--
Cheryl
"Let the words of my mouth,