[macvoiceover] Re: MacOS RFB&D Downloader (with link)

  • From: David Poehlman <david.poehlman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 14:57:48 -0400

it is not working for me. what it does is bring up a file browser, it does not ask me to download a file.

On Sep 15, 2009, at 2:52 PM, Shane Jackson wrote:

Greg, this is totally awesome!!! We Mac users who use RFB & D regularly have been waiting for this for a while, and it is so cool to finally be able to use the service much more effectively on our Macs. Thank you so much for your efforts!!!
On Sep 15, 2009, at 12:08 AM, Greg Kearney wrote:

http://www.cucat.org/projects/rfbd/index.php

This AppleScript application will ask you to find a .rfbd file and will then download that book into your downloads directory in the background. You will find your completed book in your downloads directory of your home directory. If you have Growl installed you will get a notification when the process is completed.

NOTE: This application will quit after it starts the download. The Download itself will continue and may take a considerable amount of time depending on the title and the speed of your internet connection.

If you find this program useful please consider making a donation to the Association for the Blind of Western Australia at the address below:

Association for the Blind of Western Australia
61 Kitchener Avenue, PO Box 101
Victoria Park 6979, WA Australia

Gregory Kearney
Manager - Accessible Media
Association for the Blind of Western Australia
61 Kitchener Avenue, PO Box 101
Victoria Park 6979, WA Australia

Telephone: +61 (08) 9311 8202
Telephone: +1 (307) 224-4022 (North America)
Fax: +61 (08) 9361 8696
Toll free: 1800 658 388 (Australia only)
Email: gkearney@xxxxxxxxx

Shane Jackson
Vestavia Hills, Alabama, USA.
Email and MSN:  jack728@xxxxxxxxx