[macvoiceover] Re: Mac vs Windows question

  • From: Travis Siegel <windowbridge@xxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 23:56:41 -0500

With the capability of a mac to run windows now, there's no reason not to buy a mac. You get the stability of osx whenever you like, but if you really can't accomplish something in vo and osx, then you're able to boot into windows to handle the job. And, since the mac boots windows many times faster than windows boxes do, you'll gain an advantage in saving time there too.

What's there not to like? *grin*
But to answer the original question, most users will have very little difficulty in their day to day work, since vo handles such tasks as web browsing, editing documents, mail, and online chatting with ease. Of course it's a different environment, and it means there will be an adjustment period, but that's with anything, not just a new os.

On Jul 25, 2007, at 11:00 PM, MaryLee Perkins wrote:

My students are all so keyed into Windows that they won't consider a Mac. I have explained that they could own a new Mac for far less than the JAWS screen reader program will cost, but no body is listening. My question is, if you didn't have a computer would you buy a Mac? Does the Mac with VO do all that you need it to do?
Thanks,
MLP

Users can subscribe to this list by sending email to macvoiceover- request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'subscribe' in the Subject field OR by logging into the Webinterface at //www.freelists.org/list/macvoiceover