[macvoiceover] Re: Mac question

  • From: "Lena Contreras" <lenac@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2010 07:01:40 -0700

Hi
Cool.  Thanks.
Lena and Alden
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: ashley
  To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Monday, August 02, 2010 11:15 AM
  Subject: [macvoiceover] Re: Mac question

  probably vmware fusion...

  Here are your options:

  bootcamp - basicly, bootcamp is a way to install windows, on a saparate
partition of your harddrive, along-side the MAC OS. When you boot your
computer, you hold down the "option" key when the startup sound plays, and you
have the option to boot into mac or windows. Note: you may need some sighted
help if you choose this method.

  VMWare fusion - vmware is a virtualisation product. It allows you to run
several operating systems inside virtual machines, which act like virtual
computers and run inside the Mac OS. This means that you can have mac and
windows running at the same time, and switch between them. You do not need to
have your harddrive in separate partitions; all the virtual machines data is
stored in files. The install of windows in vmware fusion is completely
unattended. I have done a podcast on vmware fusion; see
  www.bavis.co.uk/theactechpodcast/vmware_fusion.mp3

  Either method will work well; however I recommend vmware fusion.

  Hope this helps.

  Ash
  Website:
  http://www.ashleycox.co.uk