From: macvoiceover-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:macvoiceover-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Travis Siegel
Sent: 05 January 2011 20:13
To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [macvoiceover] Re: Mac programming

Your mac already comes with apple's version of nano.  You can envoke
it via nano, or (like I do) if you're famaliar with linux, just use
pico.
It's the same pico editor you're already used to, and nothing has
changed.  You may or may not want to configure it differently (I.E.
turn on line wrap by default, or change the meta key) but regardless,
it works just fine, and you don't need to install anything to make it
work.
If you're using gcc, then pico will do the job nicely for you, and it
works whether you're local, ssh, telnet, or rsh into your machine, so
no fears there.