[macvoiceover] Re: Mac mud client?

  • From: Jessica <jla.kinza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 8 Mar 2009 17:09:50 -0400

tintin.sourceforge.net
turn on read by word in voice over settings.
It reads automatically. But any new text that comes into the window will start being spoken and the old text ignored.
Downlad the tt file far mac.
make a directory in your home directory such as games or muds
put the tt++ executable in that directory.
run it with ./tt++
when you are in the directory you put tt++ into.
I found this to work amazingly well.
And you can review the screen with voice over dowr to interact and thet vo up to read backwards from the leatst to the oldest text on the screen.
No it is not perfect and yes it has issues. But it does work.
If you have tried a ton of mud clients and found none to work then you have not tried tintin or if you did you didn't know how to get it to read automatically.
Again though it is a bit corky. But it works.
I play on aard materiamagica icesus and some other muds with very little problems.
Jessica

Jessica
jla.kinza@xxxxxxxxx
communities:
Twitter and identi.ca: jlakinza
Facebook: jla.kinza@xxxxxxxxx
Webpage /blog/list of other communities:
http://jlakinza.livejournal.com