[macvoiceover] Re: Mac lion bata test.

  • From: Robin Kipp <mlists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2011 01:33:41 +0200

Hi James,
I think it's a more like, he's testing it but has no idea what he's talking
about, as he doesn't even seem to have read Apple's non-disclosure agreement
for beta testers. Maybe his machine is having problems after all, but since
Lion isn't an official release yet, no-one's gonna be able to help him. Oh
well, that's just one of the reasons why it's always a bad idea to install beta
stuff on a productive system! In any case, you can be sure that Apple is
definitely *NOT* dropping headphone support, which would be a pretty dumb move
anyways. In any case, as Keith has already suggested here, I'd highly recommend
creating a backup of the current system, using a program like Carbon Copy
Cloner. This way, you can always restore your original system just in case
anything goes wrong. You probably won't need it in the end, but well... It's
always better to be on the safe side!
Robin>