[macvoiceover] Re: Mac and networking

  • From: Jacob Schmude <j.schmude@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2008 09:18:52 -0700

Hi
Not sure about your bootcamp problem since I don't use it.
You probably don't actually need to reset your router, just reboot it. To do that, unplug it, wait a few seconds, and plug it back in. If for some reason you do need to fully reset your router, it is usually a button near the network ports or the AC adapter, and you'll probably need a pin or some other small point to push it--the specifics are different with every router. Hold it down for about ten seconds and that will reset the router. Note that doing this will erase any custom settings you may have, including any wireless passwords or firewall options.
hth

On Apr 27, 2008, at 9:13 AM, Ginny wrote:

Hi there. Shouldn’t I be able to connect to my wireless router whether I’m running Mac or Windows from the Macbook? (I use bootcamp.) For some reason, I can no longer use the Windows config as I get an error message (and that evil chord of death) saying that the network is unavailable before I ever am able to enter my password. On a related note, if I should simply reset my router, can someone tell me a good place to find instructions for resetting? I’ve never set up a wireless network before, but I’d love to learn instead of paying someone else a million dollars to do it. <grin>
Thanks.
Ginny