[macvoiceover] Re: Mac OS X 10.5.8 Combo Update

  • From: David Poehlman <david.poehlman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 7 Aug 2009 14:47:11 -0400

the suid file warnings are a result of a bug in the apple software update process. It is difficult to determine what might be the problem or how it might manefist but it is better to be safe than sorry and go ahead and apply the combo update if you find them.

On Aug 7, 2009, at 2:39 PM, Mark Baxter wrote:

I'm a little confused about these SUID warnings. I have a few of them when I did disk repair, but the Mac is running just as fast and stable as ever; how critical are these things anyway? Second: What does SUID mean anyway? Will my mac commit suidide if I don't fix them?

Mark BurningHawk Baxter

Skype and Twitter:  BurningHawk1969
MSN:  BurningHawk1969@xxxxxxxxxxx
My home page: