[macvoiceover] Re: Mac Newbie Questions: 1 Mail/was:RE: Re: Introduction

  • From: Jacob Schmude <j.schmude@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 14:05:24 -0500

No, you didn't cloak a mail thread. I've had this happen a few times, it seems to be a minor bug in Mail itself where the title bar doesn't get refreshed when the last message is deleted. It's usually the unread count that seems to stick for some reason. I don't know of any way to reset Mail's preferences to their defaults without removing account information. If you reset the preferences it resets them all, and that includes accounts.

On Dec 10, 2008, at 13:40, Chris Hofstader wrote:

Hi,

Thanks for the help.  I'm still stuck on a few Mail issues especially:

JS: There's a couple things you can do here. One is to have mail thread
your messages, I find this an unbelievable help. From the view menu,
check the organize by thread option. When on a thread, you can press
right arrow to expand it and left arrow to collapse it. This makes the
table much smaller if you have a lot of threads. The way to move
through a table quickly, I find, is to hold the VO up or VO down
combination. It scrolls very quickly, it's not like holding keys down

cdh: I have the messages organized by thread and the title bar seems to indicate that I have one new message in my Inbox. When I go to the Messages
table, though, it seems to be blank.  I looked in Trash and the thread
wasn't there either. Did I somehow cloak a partially read thread? If so,
how did I do so?

cdh: Is there a restore to default UI in Mail anywhere that won't kill my account information but would put everything back where it was so I can
start breaking it all over again?

cdh

Happy Hacking,
cdh